Thursday, February 16, 2012

Preparing for Samuel

It's really bitter sweet to think that this will most likely be the last little baby to come into our family! We haven't had to do a lot to prepare since we already have so much baby stuff from our other three kids. This pregnancy has all but flown by! Only a month and a half til he gets here. A couple things we've been doing to prepare is consolidating all of our stuff and getting more organized. The girls have been sharing a room since Penelope was about 6 months and we've been getting Gabriel's room ready to accommodate two kids as well!

This was his room before -basically the same but...
Now we have a bigger dresser for both of the boys' stuff.
 I got this puppy for 15 dollars on KSL. That's right! I've learned buying brand new furniture in a house full of toddlers is just silly. This guy is solid wood and already a little beat up. Perfect for our house where nothing stays "new" for very long.
 We put the old dresser in the closet and oh how I love the storage and shelving it provides me. Almost all the drawers are still empty and I'm so excited to have so much extra storage space. Can you tell I love organizing? I call it a hobby!!!

Until Penelope grows out of the crib Sam will be sleeping here!
In his little cradle next to our bed, which will probably actually end up being him sleeping next to me in bed. I'm not one of those mommy's that doesn't like my kids sleeping with me. I grew up climbing into my mom's bed all the time so I love it! I'm just trying to figure out how to get Cairi excited about sleeping in her own bed seeing as how I don't want her to roll over on Sam.

This is the girls shared room. We want to get bunk beds later this year when Penelope is a little bigger. The kids rooms aren't super big but I think it will be a lot of fun for them to share. We have a third bedroom that's a little bigger, but it's downstairs and I'm not comfortable having any of them down there so we're going to make it a playroom. I think their room will feel a lot more spacious when we have bunk beds.

Oh yes, and this little table was something I got with Sam's dresser. I got them BOTH for 15$. I was only looking for a dresser so I was super excited to get this guy to put in our entry way! Again, gotta love the storage -there's a shelf inside and it's super deep. I also like having somewhere for people to set their bags and stuff when they come over.





1 comment:

Browns said...

Okay first off....Why does your house always look so perfect..you have 3 kids! Oh what I wouldn't give for that! And second...you got both of those for $15! That is awesome..I may be a lot jealous right now! ;)