Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love Day 2012

I love Valentine's Day SO much!! Not only is it a romantic day, but when we were little my mom always made Valentine's Day special for us and so it's been really fun having my little ones as Valentine's and making it special for them! Who can't love a holiday dedicated to love?! I feel very blessed to have all the Valentine's that I do and we had a really fun day celebrating each other!

The day before Vday Chris and I went and saw our first movie in over a year -The Vow!
 Setting up the kids stuff the night before!




My happy Valentines, after this we made daddy a special cake.
 Chris and I agreed to just get each other cards, but he loves his homemade sweets so I thought I would surprise him with a cake! Cairi helped me make it and was SO excited for him to get home for lunch and see it.
 Even though we said we were just getting cards and I thought I was being sneaky by making a cake, Chris surprised us all with cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Fairy, chocolate dipped strawberries and flowers. I tried to tell him it wasn't fair that he spent more money than we agreed, BUT it was such a nice surprise. We almost always just get each other cards for holidays and what not so it was super sweet and fun to get something else. Love my hubby!
Later that night since we've all been passing colds back and forth we decided to get take out instead of going out. We had Famous Dave's and two of our most favorite people -grandma Kelly and uncle James came and had dinner with us! Grandma got the kids Valentine's too so they had a pretty fun day full of surprises!

No comments: