Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Aquatics

A while ago we went to the Clearfield Aquatic Center and decided that we need to go a lot more! The kids had the best time and thanks to grandma, La, and James we had enough eyes to watch all the kids...

Lucky for me since I was playing with Sam and let Penelope sit down in the water right where it was too deep for her, I'm a terrible mom. We were in the kiddie pool and she's more than tall enough to walk around but small enough that if she tries to sit her head goes under. Well, she sat and didn't have the desire to stand back up, or couldn't and all the while (it was like a few seconds) I'm right next to her, but focusing on Sam, not even realizing that she's under. Anyway, my mom was right there and saw her and I've felt terrible about it ever since. It's probably one of my biggest fears about taking 4 little kids to a pool. Clearly, I will be taking arm floaties and other things next time we go. Shouldn't I have already though about that?! Truth be told we don't go swimming a lot and I thought that they would be ok since we were in the little kid area. Lesson learned.

Well, despite my lack of parenting skills everybody had a really good time! I'm going to try and get the kids in swimming lessons next year and we're thinking about getting a family pass. They love the water.









 If you want to hold Sam he requires that you let him eat a finger.


1 comment:

The Andrews said...

You are not a terrible Mom! That is why you thought to bring other people because you knew it would be hard to focus on all four at the same time.:) It'a hard being a Mom sometimes. I swear I learn more than I teach my kids! Lol!

I wished the aquatic center was closer to us. My kids LOVE that place. When did you go because it didn't look busy at all?! We should plan a night and all of us go.