Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter was a blast this year! Since we had Sam almost exactly a week before I made sure to get out and do my shopping before we had to go to the hospital. We started the day by opening Easter baskets and hunting for eggs. Then we got ready and went to the Swensons for an Easter egg hunt with the cousins. Each grandkid gets their own color of eggs to hunt for and I was a little unsure if Gabe would completely understand that he could only pick up the orange eggs, but he did so well!! He would walk around the yard and when he saw an orange one he would say "Owange! Der it is!". 

After that we packed up and went to Grandma Kelly's. The Easter Bunny had been to grandma Kelly's house too and the kids got to open little Easter baskets when we got there and go on another egg hunt! Last, but definitely not least, we had Easter breakfast for dinner. I had been telling my mom that I wasn't going to do Easter breakfast this year since we'd just had Sam and since she always makes us dinner she decided to do a big breakfast for dinner -complete with a ham, pancakes, my favorite breakfast potatoes and more!! It was amazing and was completed with an Easter Bunny cake and cupcakes.

We asked my mom, aunt La La and uncle James to come paint eggs with us.


 Sleeping in gramma's arms.
 Gabe was more into eating his chips than coloring eggs.

Miss P -always sportin' a cheeser.














Love this picture with Cai holding baby Sam!



















 This is the same bunny cake my mom made for us when we were little!






No comments: