Monday, December 5, 2011

Birthdays Galore

Let the birthday catch up begin!! I won't post a lot of pics since I also post them to my FB but I wanted to acknowledge the birthdays we've had recently since they belong to two of my favorite little people!!


On September 15th Cairi turned 3 years old!! Cairi is an absolute hoot these days and she seems way older than her 3 years. She's my little mini-mommy and helps me do everything! She loves taking care of Gabe and Penelope SO much so that I have to remind her sometimes that they need their space -especially when she's trying to drag Gabe around the house like a doll :)

Some of her favorite things to do these days are: sing (Yo Gabba Gabba songs are her fave), play video games with mommy and daddy, read books, and play pretend. Every 5 minutes throughout the day my little Cairi turns into something else, at first she will be a dog, then a frog, then a baby or maybe a farmer. She LOVES using her imagination. She also loves sleepovers with grandma Kelly and playing with her cousins.

Some of her crack up phrases and cute things she likes to say:
"Oh my heck!"
"Silly Cai-ee!"
"What was I thinking?"
"Oh dangit!"
Cairi asks for a cookie, to which I reply she needs to finish eating lunch -she says "Um, maybe I just want a cookie." -She loves suggesting things in this way, making it a casual suggestion so we're more likely to say yes?!
Cairi asks Chris for something, he says no. She says "I'm going to ask mommy, she says yes."
Sometimes when I pick up Cairi from a sleepover with grandma she has a hard time saying goodbye and will cry. I told her if she wants to continue having sleepovers then she can't cry when mommy says it's time to come home. One day as she's getting ready to sleep over at my moms I pretend to cry and tell her I don't want her to go because I'm going to miss her so much. She gently and sincerely comforts me saying "Member mommy, no kying -I'll be back afer I seep at gramma's."



Gabe turned two years old last month on November 17th! Gabe is my little mellow monkey. He's extremely laid back and happy and he loves to climb EVERYTHING! He's a big sweetheart and he really loves his two sissies. If ever Cairi goes somewhere without him he gets so excited for her to get home. As soon as she comes in the door he will exclaim "Cai Cai Cai!" He refuses to go anywhere without his pillow pets or Buzz, Woody, and Jessie. When we buckle him in his carseat we have to pile him high with all his things otherwise he will cry for the whole ride.

Obviously, Toy Story is one of his current favorites and Rio just recently made his top movie list. He likes to sing a long to the songs which has been really cute since up until recently he's been my more quiet one. Even though he's been a slower talker than Cai he's already learned his whole alphabet and his numbers up to 10! He can't get enough of numbers and letters!! Gabe also likes to build anything and then smash it down :) -he's my Gabe-zilla.

Some of his favorite things to say:
"To infinee and beyon!"
"Scuse me!"
"Gamma's house!!!!" -He says this any time I get him dressed or put his socks on. He thinks both things mean we are going to be leaving to grandma's lol.
"Jink" -for drink.
"Chiop" -for chip, which are his absolute favorite.
"Wha happen?!" -which he likes to exclaim whenever he can tell something of significance has occurred.
"Oh no!" -what he says sometimes instead of "wha happen?!".
His vocabulary is expanding leaps and bounds but he's still learning to put everything together in sentences. I love toddlers' broken speech, so cute!

WE LOVE YOU Cairi and Gabe! 

I also had a birthday last month and am 25 years old now!!! CRAZY! I feel a lot older actually, so I'm pretty happy about being only 25. :)


No comments: